Monday, March 8, 2010

Daily Routine

So far in Paris my routine hasn’t included anything terribly French or exciting, but I guess that’s the nature of routine. So. I usually get up an hour ish before class to eat and finish homework, walk to the Catho. I pass a carousal everyday. That’s sort of interesting.

And then I usually get hungry because my family eats bread all the time, and bread just doesn’t really do it for me. I think the slices are smaller here, too. Bought some cereal the other day though so that part of the routine’s changed.

Right so then I have French, 10-1 every day except Mondays during which time I do the things I didn’t get done during the weekend, and then art history. Afternoons don’t really follow any sort of pattern, except that they usually include a lot of walking and being outside which is much more enjoyable these days than it has been.

We eat dinner at 7.30 which is invariably delicious, no matter what it is. I don’t know if it’s because I actually do like all food or because Emmanuelle’s a great cook but I always like dinner. In the evenings we have our series, we always watch Plus Belle La Vie which I don’t think I’d be able to follow even in English, but someone was electrocuted last week which I understood well enough. Aurelien and Yan (I have no idea how to spell that name but that’s how it’s pronounced) like to watch House and The Mentalist which I watch occasionally with them, but I am not such a fan of language-dubbing. I think House quite deserves his American accent. And one of the nurses’ French voice just doesn’t match up with her personality which always bothers me. That is pretty routine as well.

Then there’s homework. And bed. Occasionally I’ll a walk outside, I love Paris at night… but I also hate being cold. Hence the occasionality. It'll worm its way into my routine though as it gets warmer, I think.

My routine changed a bit this week because I was fasting with my co-locataire Nahaal (she is Bahai’i) so we had to get up before sunrise to have breakfast which was actually very nice and I had lots of extra time, love that feeling, and but then we went to Amsterdam and waking up before sunrise and not eating until after sunset just didn’t happen. And coming back into Paris and going to bed at 7 am wasn’t conducive to fasting either. Bummer. Back to the old routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment